Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween! and a break from routine

The next posts here are going to be from two very special guest writers...though, honestly, I don't really think of my dad as a guest writer anymore. His posts are always hugely popular, and he will soon publish the fourth book in his Kelven's Riddle series. I like to think of him as the co-writer and mentor of this blog. The other guest will be a surprise, someone new to you.

At any rate I'm taking a break, and I know you'll enjoy it. I'm leaving you in good hands.

But before I go, I wanted to share this pic:


That was my costume this year for my friend Kim's fabulous annual Halloween party. The dress was clearance, and the beautifully matched mask ($12) and simple gloves ($5) were both from Target. I pulled it all together by sheer luck the day before the party. My husband wore a beer boo t-shirt, something he hopes to do every year forever. Only when someone suggested he should have been the Phantom of the Opera, did I hit my head and bemoan my lack of vision. I probably couldn't have gotten him into that sexy little face mask and nice dress-shirt-plus-cape, but I wish I'd tried.

I also wanted you to know that I have been published again at Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop. It's a Halloween post about a 13 year old who wants to give up tricks but not treats and about the wonderful big sis who takes her on her last candy hunt. Get over there and read it before the Jack-o-lanterns are beset by black mold, and your candy-induced guilt (hopefully the mature chocolate variety) has settled in.

To all my brave readers and their little spooks, I wish you a very happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!